I have finally reached the point where I’m caught up to the current year. I might eventually post more flashbacks for trips I took ages ago but haven’t covered before on the site, but for the most part, it’s now about what I’ve done so far this year and what’s coming up next!
Because of the timing of when I started this blog, and a few instances which caused posting to take a back burner, I am only now about to start blogging about trips from 2016. So what can you definitely expect to see on here in the next while?
- A post about my cousin’s bachelorette weekend in Blue Mountain
- A post about hiking around Pink Lake in Gatineau Park
- Ottawa Events series
- A family trip to England & Scotland
I am BEYOND excited for my upcoming trip to the UK – less than three weeks away!
England is going to be awesome. Not only have my traveling companions agreed to indulge me by going to the Harry Potter studio tour, but I get to see one of my closest friends get married! As for Scotland, it’s a place I have been dreaming of seeing for nearly two decades, and the fact that I get to experience it with my mom and my sister in tow is beyond incredible. We have a lot of plans for our two weeks overseas, and I’m excited to share it all here!
Given that I work full-time, and most of my vacation days this year are already gone or are already pledged to my UK trip, that’s the only mega trip in the works for the rest of this year. That doesn’t mean I won’t be going on little weekend trips here and there, though. I love to travel too much to stay still for the remainder of the year.
Nothing is fully set in stone yet, but I have plenty of ideas in the works. I don’t know what will or won’t happen, but here are a few of my possibilities for long trips!
- A trip to Nova Scotia and PEI with Brit for our birthdays. This is extremely likely, as we have actually begun to loosely plan it. I’ve even searched for PEI Airbnbs a time or two.
- A trip out to Alberta for the first time. This will depend on the cost of airfare, however NewLeaf airline offers low rates.
- A trip to upstate New York to visit my cousin. This is about 50/50 right now.
- A trip down to my dad’s for Christmas. This is extremely likely, as I haven’t been down for Christmas in years.
- A trip to St. Catharine’s and Toronto to visit family and friends. Almost definite, as I have several plans in the works for both places.
My goal is to get off-continent every other year, or every three years at least (depending on how expensive the destination is). There are so many places I want to see in the world, and I know I have the drive and motivation to work it out and get there eventually.
Where will your future travel plans take you?